Saturday, October 30, 2004

What is WRONG with me?

I don't know what's wrong with me, things aren't just going my way & I'm almost driven crazy by just thinking about it.

I wanted so much to get away from my present job & get a marketing comm or PR-related job, it's so hard w/o the necessary work experience. Now, i realised even more that paper qualifications aren't everything, experience & past job credentials counts just as much; if not more.

Some people would probably think i'm stupid to give up almost 5 years of experience in the freight forwarding industry. But, this is not WHAT I WANT & ASPIRE to do for the rest of my life. Probably, i am indeed stupid to not get out sooner. Perhaps, it was already a mistake when i accepted the job offer 5 years,, knowing this isn't what i want. But, who can blame me? I was desperate for a job then, being a drop-out from the poly; my choices are limited when armed with only an 'O' level cert.

I have tried applying for countless jobs, been called for several interviews; but all to no avail. Am i really not good enough, not even competent for an entry/junior position? Was it my resume writing skills or my interviewing skills that sux, which cost me the potential job?

I can only pray for a better day to come along & hopefully chances come my way soon, very soon.

1 comment:

Val said...

thanks, i'm still hanging on....the confidence level is quickly diminishing.