Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Suspected Dengue Fever

Sick & Feverish

I was very sick the last weekend, i spent like 4 days feeling like a ghost.

I had a high fever, with my temperature once reaching 39.8 degrees celsius. I thought i was about to die on Saturday when my muscle joints started to ache, watery stools & vomitting. I was sure that these are the signs for dengue fever. However, i couldn't muster enough strength to get my butt off the bed to go see the doc & i ended up sleeping through the whole Sat...

Sunday came & i was feeling slightly better, but i was still having a fever & the times i ran to the toilet for shitting got more frequent. I dragged myself outta the house & went to see the doc. I told the doc about the aching, fever & the runs & asked her if it could be dengue? She replied that it's too early to tell & asked me to monitor the temp. for another 2 days or so, if the fever persists; go back & do a blood test to ascertain if it's dengue.

I went back home & slept some more, still having a fever when i woke up for lunch; took more pills. Luckily for me, the fever began to clear by Sunday evening & i guess i needn't go back for a blood test.

But the 4 days of fever really freaked me out, i really thought i was going to die of dengue fever....that damn mosquito!

No comments: