Monday, March 07, 2005

Ladder 49


Ladder 49 : Great Movie & Acting from the leads

It's been a long time since I last seen such a touching story. Okay, I'm on a week's leave from work & i can afford the time to watch DVDs....haha!

I missed Ladder 49 when it was screened at the cinemas, my sisters & friends were telling me how great & touching the show was. I just didn't get to see it. But it's ok, i still got to see it on DVD & it still has the same effects, great story & absolutely touching.

It was particularly hard to hold back tears when Jack (Joaquin Phoenix) was trapped in the building & there's no way his mates could come forth & get him out. He was brave till the very end & those last words he muttered to Mike, his chief (John Travolta) were so touching & my tears just came flowing down.

In all, it was a great movie with exceptional acting from the actors & actresses; whether they had a major or minor role in the movie. Hope to see more of such shows in the near future.

But for now, I shall continue with my DVDs.

No comments: