Monday, June 20, 2005

I know how it feels now



Probably i realised things too late, maybe i wasn't thinking far enough.
Maybe i'm just not sensible enough, yet.

It's such a huge committment to spend the rest of your life with someone, starting a family, having kids, maintaining the relationship. It's never easy. You may say that that love is enough to keep the relationship, but it isn't in reality.

With the flat on the way, i need $$$ for the renovations. Though both of us have agreed to keep it simple, there wouldn't be too much of hacking & knocking, renovations would be kept to the minimum. But i do need furniture, don't I? I need a fridge, a bed, a TV, a DVD player, a wardrobe, a washing machine & many others.

I seriously and genuinely realised that saving is so important. Having a place of your own is cool, but there are so many things you have to consider before plunging into it. I never save on my own. Luckily for me, i always apportion a part of my salary to dearie & we are just going to have enough for the stuff.

I know how it feels like to be really really cash-strapped. It's not a good feeling. I shall never fuss about my elder brother whom never brings back $$ for the family. He's married with a son & my sis-in-law doesn't hold a full-time job; on top of that, he's paying off the loan on the flat alone. I shall never be critical of my brother again, because i know how it feels now.

4 comments:

Green Ogre said...

I'm sure everything will work out fine eventually for you and your husband. You know what you have to do and that's a start.

Together I'm sure the two of you will pull through. After all, it's going through the thick and thin together that really bonds people.

Val said...

thank you, really.

Dirty Dan said...

Reminds me of a quote from fightclub,

'The things you own end up owning you. So fuck off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.
'

not the best advice I know, But all I'm gonna say is, don't let ANYTHING ever get you down, don't let any problem alter your thinking pattern cuz all that will do is make you perform worse.

I'm sure you'll come through

Val said...

Thank you, DD.
I'm feeling better already.

This is so true.
"The things you own end up owning you"