Friday, July 22, 2005

Peter Crouch


Goodbye Kiss to Saints

I know this entry is a lil' late. But I have been tied up with many things this week.

So, Rafael Benitez has confirmed the services of the ex-Southampton striker. The transfer fee was 7 million, the happiest party in this deal would have to be Crouch himself. He got away from a relegated side & was suddenly part of the European champions' squad, Liverpool.

It took a long while for this to sink in, I still can't seem to visualise Crouch wearing the Liverpool's jersey. It just seems so 'wrong'. Not that I have any doubts over his capability, but we haven't seen him in the European campaigns; which would form a large part of Liverpool's season. In short, un-tested.

I don't know about you, but I'm having serious doubts about this summer signing of Rafa.

No comments: