Saturday, July 09, 2005

Troubled

Seriously, I'm troubled.

Though I'm happy with how things are progressing between my dearie & myself, we are due to get the keys to our place soon. We are still clueless about the renovations & we have had disagreements over how the works should go. But this isn't the main problem we have, I'm sure we can work it out.

I'm worried about a very close relative of mine (let's call him B). I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, he has cancer. He underwent one major surgery after painful chemo sessions to reduce the cancerous growth. A few months ago, there were cases of recurrance behind his heart. The doc suggested radiotherapy as it was too close to the heart to operate on. Once again, B went through the agonising pain of radiotherapy for a period of almost 3 months.

Luckily for him, the growth was discovered earlier & was successfully eliminated after the sessions. Per the doc visit this week, it was my turn to accompany B. The doc mentioned that the x-ray results seem to indicate another recurrance, but the blood tests are normal. The doc will keep monitoring & possibly do another blood test next month to confirm.

I'm really baffled, why do all the bad things happen to good people? Why can't B enjoy his old age in peace? He's almost 70 & it's really tough going for him to undergo the extensive chemo & radiotherapy sessions.

I'm really really sad & I don't know how much more of such suffering can B withstand. He's really really weak, not eating or sleeping well doesn't help. His healthy frame has been reduced to an almost skeletal frame. It hurts so much to look at him & much worse to hear from the doc that he might have to go through the dreaded treatment once again.

What can I do? I only want him to be healthy now, really.

1 comment:

BeginToEnd said...

Val,

I am experiencing one myself now whereby my granduncle is also suffering from later-staged cancer. The sight that withers your strength away is the sight of his frail body.

Once was an abled, healthy and lively person... now life having sustain by some medication.

It hurts even deeper when holding a conversation seems so difficult for the sufferer.

Lets just hope that if there is a less painful way to see it through. Though sometimes we just feel so helpless.