Thursday, December 08, 2005

Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire


They are all grown-up

I caught the movie last weekend.
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, read all the books; including the latest - The Half Blood Prince.

I have caught the movie late, after the initial hype from the media & press. I have heard differing reviews from my friends & colleagues whom have watched the movie earlier. They are saying that you would be disappointed if you read the book & go to watch the movie; hoping it would be an exact replica of the book. Others have said that the movie was enjoyable and definitely 'darker' than the 3 earlier movies.

Of course, no one should go catch the movie; hoping it would be an exact replica of the book. That's impossible. There are bound to be differences. I thought the movie was kinda short. Yeah, 180 mins of Harry Potter is not enough for a huge fan like me. Because of its length, the movie wasn't able to build up the suspense & the story it could do with the book.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie; maybe my expectations weren't that high.
Go watch it if you haven't.

No comments: