Sunday, January 08, 2006

Road Trip to Malacca


Along the way to Malacca

Hwee Lee and I were on a road trip to Malacca yesterday. She drove, I can't drive. I felt so bad for her, having to drive almost 6 hours - to and fro. But there was no way I could have helped her.

Hwee Lee asked me to meet her at Aljunied as early as 0700hrs! That'e even earlier than me waking up to get to work on weekdays! However, going into M'sia earlier has its advantages. We were able to breeze through the Tuas checkpoint as it was still early & the officers were unusually very friendly this early in the morning.


Ho Kee & the famed chicken rice balls

That's what we woke up so early for, CHICKEN RICE BALLS.

We had chicken rice balls TWICE, but at different places. The meal we had at Ho Kee was fantabulous. I would always go back there for the delicious chicken & the incredible rice balls. The fragance of the rice balls stays in your mouth for as long as I can remember.

Hwee Lee, when are we going there again?

2 comments:

Marcus XA said...

Wow! Melaka is somewhere I wanted to go too! Cos' never been there all my life! You 2 took 6 hours to get there? I thought go KL only needs 5 hours... hmm...

Val said...

aiyoh....6 hours is for 2-way journey lah. 3 hours nia....