Saturday, February 25, 2006

Benfica 1 - 0 Liverpool


Disappointment in Lisbon

I know this entry is late, but I was busy with work for the past week & late nights.

The defeat in Lisbon was difficult to swallow, especially having not lost for a long time in the Champions League tournament. Rafa give Gerrard a break, placing him on the subs bench. That was rather alarming, if you ask me. However, I understood as the game went on, Rafa was looking for a nil-nil draw away from home.

We looked like earning a well-deserved draw, but for Luisao's late header that gave Benfica a vital 1-0 win. We now have to score at least 2 goals at Anfield to progress & have to stop Benfica from scoring at Anfield.

I think we can do that, Anfield is always a difficult place to play at, and Liverpool will have the incredible fans behind them all the way.



I just like this photo so so much!!

2 comments:

Marcus XA said...

Ya, that's a nice pic! Can see Warnock was the happiest even though he didn't play cos' Liverpool lost and he wasn't part of the team!

Val said...

seems like Crouch is the happiest.....