Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Idealogy vs Reality

It's the beginning of another boring week again.

Yesterday has got to be one of my lowest point in life. I was feeling so lousy at work and worthless. I wanted to leave the job so so much, you can't imagine. I felt like i was strangled by the politics in office & the hatred of my lady boss towards me. She was just god-damned biased towards those she favoured (whom don't deserve) and deprived me of the impartiality she should be showcasing.

I had wanted so badly to tender my resignation yesterday. I had the letter all typed out & kept it in my bag. I was hesitant to hand it out as I have alot to think about before i really really decide to quit my job. The financial strain would be drastic, i have my installment loans, insurance, bills to worry about. I'm not without a care in the world that i can just quit & be free from the clutches of that bitchy boss.

Anyway, alot of times; we are often cornered by the facets of reality. Ideally, we should be pursuing a career aligned with our interest. Realistically, it's often not the case; many of us are stuck in jobs we hate and can't wait to escape from.

There aren't many people i know whom are able to invest all their time and life in their area of interest & still able to make it their job. More often than not, they usually have to forgo/sacrifice their material comforts and risk social acceptance.

That's reality for you, both you and I go through it & ended up as victims of reality vs idealogy.

No comments: